For the health of your local community and the health of your body keep this in mind when you’re shopping…
Buy fresh produce and grass-fed, pasture raised meat in this order:
- Organic local (and if you can’t get organic local, see #2)
- Local (and if you can’t get local, see #3)
- Organic shipped (and if you can’t get organic shipped, see #4)
- Stay away from imported produce and meat.** It’s loaded with pesticides, antibiotics, soy fed animals, and hormones. Who needs that?** Find out where your meat came from before it hit the grocery store shelf.
- Solicit restaurants that buy local produce and meats. Ask the restaurant manager where your food comes from.